So the fund moderately outperformed the index.
For the half year ended 30 June 2012, the fund returned 5.52% Over this same time period, the S&P500 returned 6.66%, so the fund is still underperforming the index by a moderate amount.
The current internal rate of return of the fund (the best measure, but the hardest to compare to the S&P500) as of today (July 14) is 7.52%.
The best performers in the portfolio for the quarter were:
- Origin Financial (ORGN) (+35.51% including dividend)
- Tree.com (TREE) (+16.10%),
- Asta Funding (ASFI) (+15.45%),
- LCA-Vision (LCAV) (-42.95%),
- Aperam (APEMY) (-40.49%)
- Dell Computers (DELL) (-29.15%)